Friday, August 04, 2006

Out of My Box!


I only did one page this week but, I came out of my box to do it! I did a layout with only one picture on it. I've always wanted to do that but have always felt that it was a waste of a page. I don't know why but I just thought, "why waste an entire scrapbook page on just one photo". I've done single photo pages before but there's always been a facing page that had more photos on it.

Then, I came across this photo. I didn't really have anything else that would pair with it & it's such a sweet photo. I knew when I took it over 2 years ago now, that I wanted it to be a "showcase" picture. When I saw them laying like that, it reminded me of a picture that my mom took of me & my dad in a similar position. It was done in black & white, as well. At some point in the (hopefully) near future, I want to find that picture of me & my dad and do a page with it as well. Maybe it can be the facing page. Or, maybe, I'll just do a whole new page for the two pictures. I'll just get this one reprinted. Yeah, I think that's what I'll do, I'll make a 2nd layout. I don't really think that this page needs journaling but I want to tell the story behind why I took the photo & I think that would make the most sense. You know, I think I might even print out this picture of the layout & use it on the page, too. Now, I'm starting to get more ideas!!!

I'm definitely going to try to do more 1 photo layouts. You know, sometimes there's just that one photo that "speaks" to you. When I make a disc to get printed, I try to make a separate file of photos that I want to print in 5x7. I would really like to try printing a photo larger than that. I know that snapfish.com will let you print photos in weird sizes. I may have to do that. Maybe I will make that my next challenge. Yes, I will. 'Course, I have to find the "perfect" photo to do that. Time to go picture hunting!! :o)

No comments: